Jason Dowd, an instructor at the Laguna College of Art, asked his students to paint color wheels for his Composition and Color class.


They placed the high chroma colors on the outside edge, stepping down to gray at the center. They then explored the gamut masking method outlined in my book Color and Light to generate color schemes and to analyze classical paintings.

Isabelle Moore carefully considered the color gamut before executing this magnificent master copy of the "Harvester" by William Adolphe Bouguereau.

If other instructors are doing class projects based on ideas in Color and Light, please send me photos (jgurneyart at yahoo.com) and I’ll share them on the blog.

And if you want to assign Color and Light as your course guide, please let me know. At the Dinotopia Store, we can offer you discounts on group orders, and I can sign them for each of your students.

--------
Dinotopia Store
Laguna College of Art (LCAD)
Previously on GJ: a visit to LCAD  
 
Top